Makeup Inspiration: Blake Lively’s Effortlessly Gorgeous Look
Any Gossip Girl fans here?
We’re gonna steal Blake Lively’s look right now. I LOVE her style and her looks from Gossip Girl. Not to mention, she has the ahmayzing body. She always looks simple yet gorgeous. Come on, she is Serena Van Der Woodsen, of course she looks stunning, even with an effortless- type- of- look, she can steal the crowd’s attention. Nothing too intense like a person who usually wears raccoon eyeliner *cough, Jenny, cough*
This kind of look is a great option for beginners who want to start doing their own makeup. Subtle eyes, lips, and cheeks. We don’t need the advanced makeup technique to interpret this look in my opinion. Don’t be afraid to try and practice, and if you find your creation a bit weird, just wipe it off and start again. Remember girls, makeup should be fun.
I tried to find products that we can find easily to recreate this particular look. So without further ado, let’s see the step by step instruction to recreate the look :
1. Create a fresh face with BB Cream or foundation that has light to medium coverage. This is used to achieve that natural fresh skin without being too heavy. I can’t go wrong with my favourite Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum.
2. Now for your eyes, apply a base first. You can use M.A.C Paint Pot Soft Ochre first then we apply a shimmery deep gold/ bronze color eye shadow all over the lid. I found The Body Shop Shimmer Cube Palette #06 has a similar colour. Blend the edge nicely with a blending brush. If you still can’t see the colour when your eyes are open, make sure to put more colour and slightly bring it up. Highlight the inner corners and under your brow bone using the lightest shimmery color that you have, or you just can use the lightest color in The Body Shop Shimmer Cube if you want.
3. Draw your liner as close as possible to your lash line, and don’t draw all the way in. Leave the inner corner empty and draw your waterline only on the outer corner then smudge it with a cotton bud, sponge applicator, or smudge brush. I love using Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner to do this job.
4. Personally I don’t wear false eyelashes unless I have to go to a wedding reception, and because I think this look is great for beginners, let’s skip the false eyelashes altogether (but you can read how to apply false eyelashes in this link). Create full lashes with mascaras, I suggest using two mascaras because you need plenty of coats if you want to achieve that full and volumised eyelashes. I picked my two favourites: first to apply is Maybelline Volum’ Express Hypercurl, then add more coats with Maybelline Volum’ Express the Falsies.
5. To get that warm orange-brownish cheek, you can try NYX Blush Nutmeg. This type of color might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but with blush we can make it look sheer and also buildable to your liking. And to add some glow to your face, The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder is one of the great options. Put it anywhere the sun naturally touches your face: your cheeks, temple and the bridge of your nose.
6. Revlon Matte Lipstick Smoked Peach is a great choice, and if you want to add some shine, just add a clear or a nude lip gloss at the center of your lips.
Of course you don’t have to buy every single product that I mentioned. Feel free to use whatever you have. Let us know if you recreate this look and don’t be shy to upload your Face of The Day with this look to Clozette Daily.
Have fun, girls!